GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
UDYOG BHAWAN, NEW DELHI-110011
OGANISATION PIN CODE No. 110107
DATED: April, 2008
Subject:- TENDER FOR PHOTOCOPYING WORK
Sealed quotations are invited for award of contract for photocopier work in this office. The firm will have to bring 3 Photocopier machines of latest model (model not prior to 2007) to this office. At least one machine is required to have facility of sorting, collating & binding. All machines should have duplex facility. The location of photocopying machines will be on two different floors. If a firm is awarded the contract, It may like to suggest five - six models of different makes to this Directorate and may like to purchase the models/makes approved by this Directorate. For this work, it is clarified, that cost of paper will be borne by the firm. The interested parties may quote their rates of single side and both side copying charges of A-4 size, F-S and A-3 size paper.
2. Average number of photocopies per month will be minimum 3,00,000 (three lakh) approx.
3. Quotations should reach the undersigned in a sealed cover along with earnest money of Rs.10,000/- in the form of Bank Draft drawn in favour of DGFT, New Delhi upto 4.00 p.m. on 28th April, 2008. Quotations should be superscribed as “QUOTATION FOR PHOTOCOPYING WORK” on the top of the cover. The quotation/tender is to be handed over to Sh. Krishan Kumar, Dy. Director General (Room No. 302) or Sh. B.K. Sachdeva, Foreign Trade Development Officer (Room No. 202), Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi-110001.
4. Quotations received without bank draft towards the earnest money will not be considered at all and will be straightway rejected.
5. The firm will will have to provide experienced operator, one of the operator should be mechanic – cum- operator. The normal duty hours shall be 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM from Monday to Saturday. However they may have to sit late and come on holidays if required.
6. Within 15 days from the issue of contract letter, the firm will make arrangements of paper and other consumables in a way that they don`t run out of stock. Within this period, the firm shall make arrangement of photocopiers and should be in position to start work.
7. All the machines should remain in operation all the time. If any defect occurs in these machines, the contractor should get it rectified immediately and in case repair in likely to take time, the machine should be replaced immediately. In no case, office work should suffer due to defects in machines.
8. The firms participating in the tender must have VAT Registration & Service Tax Registration Certificates. The documentary proof of registration certificates should be enclosed. The tenders are also required to attach documentary proof(S) in support of their past or present of working in Govt. Deptt./PSUs. along with past years turnover.
9. Space and electricity will be provided by the Department whereas maintenance of equipment (to ensure that these are in perfect working conditions) will be the responsibility of the firm.
10. Initially contract will be awarded for of one year which can be extended for another year depending on the satisfactory service of the firm and mutual agreement.
11. The contract should furnish security money worth Rs.50,000/-(Rs. Fifty Thousand only) in the form of FDR in favour of DGFT, New Delhi with in 15 days from the date of award of the contract which will be returned after satisfactory completion of the contract. The security money should remain valid for a period of sixty days beyond the date of completion of the contract.
12. If the work is found unsatisfactory or if firm dishonour the contract, the security money may be forfeited and the job may be entrusted to other firm without giving any notice to the contractor. In this regard the decision of the office will be final and binding on the contractor.
13. No advance payment will be made in any case and TDS will be deducted as per Rules.
14. The requisition for making out photocopy will be provided to the operator duly signed by the concerned officer.
15. After the copies of the documents are prepared, the concerned staff member/officer will take both the photocopies of the documents with them.
16. The paper may be in 75 gsm photocopy of J.K. Copier/Modi Xerox make or equivalent (approved by this office).
17. The firm will get Police Verification of its employees done at its cost.
18. The operators will have a mobile phone which will not be switched off during the time when work is on.
19. ISO 9001/2000 certified company will be given preference.
20. The Tenderer will not ask for any rent of photocopy machines.
21. The operator will not leak information contained in the letters and documents given to them for making copies.
22. The quotation shall be opened in the Room No. 104 at 4.10 p.m. on 28.04.2008. Any tenderer or his/her authorized representative may be present at the time of opening of tenders.
23. The firm will prefer the bills for payment of the photocopier work along with requisition received from the officers/sections in the prescribed format on monthly basis.
24. This office has the right to terminate the contract at any time without assigning any reason.
DY.DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE