Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
Organisation Pin Code No.110 107
Subject: - Hiring of Commercial Cars – Tender Notice
1. Directorate General of Foreign Trade
(DGFT) invites quotations for hiring of
DLY Non-AC cars of 2008 or 2009 model in
excellent condition for use of its officers for a period of one year. The normal requirement will be 3 cars on each
working day. Last date of receipt of
quotations is by 4.00 PM on 3rd July,2009. Quotations in sealed cover superscripted
“Quotation of hiring of commercial cars” should be addressed to Undersigned or
Foreign Trade Development
Officer( General) Room No.202 (Tel.No.23063451), Udyog Bhawan,
2. The rates should be quoted in the following manner:
(i) Rates for 2500 Kms. and 300 Hrs. per month= Rs. _______
(ii) Rates for 80 Kms. & 10 Hrs. per day = Rs.________
(iii) Rate for additional Km. In Rs. = Rs.________per km.
(iv) Rate for additional hour of duty. = Rs.________per hour
The above rates may be quoted for two categories of Vehicles:-
(i) Indica/ Ambassador/ Wangon-R./
Fiesta/ Hyundai Accent /
The prospective bidders are requested to go through the enclosed terms and conditions of the contract carefully. The rate quoted should be inclusive of all charges indicating the tax component separately. Incomplete or ambiguous bids will not be considered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT FOR HIRING OF CARS are as follows :-
1. The contractor will have to comply with the instructions contained in letter No. MLO/AR&Taxi/2004/4769 dated 24.11.2004 of Transport Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
2. The contractor / firm must have PAN/Service-tax nos.
3. The contractor / firm will have to get the police verifications of all the drivers at their own cost and submit to the Department.
The driver of the car should be holding a valid
driving license, well experienced and should have knowledge of
5. Driver will always keep his registration certificate, pollution certificate, complete comprehensive Insurance certificate etc. and other such documents ready as required by the Govt. Authorities for checking.
6. The DGFT shall not be responsible for damages of any kind for any mishap/accident/injury caused to the car(s)/driver(s) while performing duty for this office All liabilities legal or monetary shall be borne by the firm.
7. DGFT reserves right to cancel the contract, at any time, without assigning any reason. The service provider will not be entitled to claim any compensation against such termination. However, while terminating the contract, if any payment is due to the contractor for services already performed in terms of the contract, the same would be paid to it as per the contract terms. In case of any dispute, the decision of DGFT shall be final.
8. In the event of the contractor backing out of the contract midstream, without any explicit consent of this Department, he will be liable to recovery of higher rates, vis-à-vis those contracted, which may have to be incurred by this Department on transportation of officers for balance period of contract through alternative means.
9. Above act of backing out may debar the contractor from any future dealings with the Department.
10. DGFT reserves the right to obtain the service from other sources.
11. All the contractors shall have to comply with relevant laws and rules issued from time to time relating to business and pay due taxes to concerned Govt. agencies. DGFT will not be responsible for any lapse on the part of the contractor during or after the expiry of the contract.
12. Successful tenderer will have to deposit security money of Rs.50,000/- in the shape of FDR for the period of contract within a fortnight of the issue of contract letter. Security money will be forfeited, if the firm fails to perform any of the terms & condition or the contractor’s service is found unsatisfactory.
1. The number of cars to be engaged is not fixed and will vary as per requirement of the DGFT. Normally DGFT will hire three taxies on regular basis but for certain periods, the requirement may be less/more. Whenever, the DGFT requires more cars, the same will be provided by the firm on the same rate. The firm should make additional taxies available on written/telephonic request.
2. Actual parking charges/toll taxes/entry taxes/state taxes in connection with official duty will be reimbursed along with the bill.
3. Petrol/CNG vehicles will be preferred over diesel vehicles.
The mileage for use of the vehicle will start from
assigned place where the driver is scheduled to report for duty i.e. Udyog Bhawan,
2. The vehicle will have to be replaced/arranged in case of break down/accident. The charges quotes include the repairs & maintenance costs to that extent, nothing additional is payable.
3. Cars are normally expected to remain with this office for official use during 8.30 AM to 6.30 PM on working days i.e. Monday to Friday every week but may also be required for longer hours and on holidays.
4. All the charges towards repair/servicing, salary of driver, petrol/CNG Gas or any incidental expenses on operation and maintenance etc. will be borne by the firm.
5. The approved rates will not be changed during the currency of the contract.
6. Payment of hiring charges will be made on monthly basis and bills will be preferred in the following month. However, the kilometers run by a vehicle can be set off within a 6 month block i.e. April to September and October to March. To illustrate, if in a month the vehicle runs for 2,400 Kms and in another 2,600 Kms, then payment of both months will be for 2,500 Km setting of extra run of one month against the other, within the same half yearly block.
In case, a tour is required for outside
1. The drivers will have to be provided with mobile phones at the cost of the contractor.
2. The car and the driver deployed with an officer will not be changed without prior notice.
3. The agency must have a 24 hours working telephone system or mobile system so that the requirement of cars can be met at short notice at odd hours/holidays.
4. In case of any break-down, the firm will provide another vehicle immediately.
1. In case the car is not made available on any particular day, a penalty of Rs.500/- will be levied per day and will be recovered form monthly bill.
2. In case the driver reports for duty for more than 15 minutes beyond the scheduled time, a penalty of Rs.100/- would be levied which will be deducted from the bill.
3. Additional penalty can also be imposed if the contractor violates any terms & condition of contract.
Dy. Director General of Foreign Trade