GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
Sub:- Tenders for awarding Contract for hiring of Taxis– Terms and Conditions.
Sealed quotations are invited for award of contract for hiring of taxi for a period one year on Km. and hrs. basis. Interested parties may quote their rates for the above said contract.
Quotations should reach the undersigned in a sealed cover along with earnest money of Rs. 5,000/- (Rs. Five thousand only) in the form of Bank Draft drawn in favour of DGFT, New Delhi and details of vehicles in the enclosed proforma by 12.3.2007 up to 5.00 P.M. Quotations should be superscribed as ‘QUOTATIONS FOR HIRING OF TAXI” on the top of the cover.
Quotations received without Bank Draft towards the earnest money will not be considered at all and will be straightway rejected. Terms and conditions of the contract will be as under:-
1. The contract will be valid for one year.
2. The contractor will have to deposit security money of Rs. 10,000 (Rs. Ten thousand only) in form of FDR which will be refunded after two months when the contract is over. In case the services of the contractor is found unsatisfactory, the security deposit will be forfeited and contract will be terminated.
3. The tenderer should have a registered and well established Taxi Agency Firm having sufficient number of latest models of taxi cars for hiring. Vehicles provided to the DGFT should not in any case be more than two years old. List of vehicles of the required type of model year 2005 and later owned by the tenderer may be attached.
4. The taxi will be driven by a dedicated driver. As far as possible, same taxies and the drivers will be deputed for office duties.
5. The taxi will be in a good condition and will be insured by the agency. In case of any accident, all the claims arising out of it will be met by the agency.
6. CNG vehicle will be preferred.
7. All the charges towards repair/servicing, salary of driver, petrol/diesel/gas and any other incidental expenses on operation and maintenance will be borne by the agency.
8. The charges will be same if additional vehicles are used by this office. Normally office will hire three taxies on regular basis but during certain periods, the requirement may be less/more. Whenever, the Deptt. requires more taxies, the same will be provided by the firm on the same rate. The firm should make additional taxies available on written/telephonic request.
9. In case of any break-down, the agency will provide another vehicle immediately.
10. The charges from Garage to Udyog Bhavan may not exceed 5 Kms. for one side per day
11. The firm have to provide a white plated private vehicles.
12. The driver should be in proper uniform with name tag.
13. This office reserves the right to cancel the agreement/contract at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever,
14. All taxes including Toll tax and parking shall be paid on actual basis.
15. The firm would comply will all the instructions contained in letter No.MIO/AR& Taxi/2004/4769, dt. 24.11.2004 of NCT of Delhi (TPT Deptt.)
16. The cars are normally expected to remain with this office for official use during 8.00 AM to 7.00 PM on working days i.e Monday to Friday every week but may also be required for longer hours and on holidays.
17. In the event of the firm backing out of the contract midstream without any explicit consent of this office, he will be liable to recovery of the higher rates vis-à-vis those contracted which may have to be incurred by this office for the balance period of contract through alternative means. The bill amount of the month would also be forfeited. The above act of backing out automatically debar the firm from any future dealing with this office and the EMD would be forfeited.
18. The payment of hiring charges will be made on monthly basis. The bills would be preferred vehicle wise along with Log Book to be maintained by the drivers.
Copy to EDI Section with floppy.