OF THE ADDL. DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
NISHTHA BHAVAN, NEW MARINE LINES, CHURCHGATE, MUMBAI-20.
NOTICE NO. 06/AM13 DATED: 03.07.2012
Checklist for Focus Market Scheme (FMS)
In order to bring transparency and uniformity in the office working, a Check-list for submission of application in regard to Focus Market Scheme (FMS) has been formulated. This check-list is as per Chapter 3 of the Foreign Trade Policy 2009-14 (Paras 3.14.2, 3.14.3, 3.17.2, 3.17.3, 3.17.8, 3.17.10, 9.32, 9.34, 9.62, etc.), Chapter 3 of the Hand Book of Procedures 2009-14 (Vol. I) (paras 3.8.1, 3.8.2, 2.63, 2.64, 9.3, 9.4, 9.12, etc.), and ANF-3C as given in Appendices to the Handbook of Procedures (Volume I).
The Check-list has three sections as follows:
1. Documents Section: Section giving the list of documents which are required to be submitted by the applicant,
2. Additional Documents Section: which are required to be submitted by some of the applicants as is relevant,
3. Note Section: Exporters have been indicated certain points which they should check on, before submitting the application and the relevant documents in the said regard.
CHECK SHEET FOR FMS SCHEME
Refer para 3.14.2, 3.14.3, 3.17.2, 3.17.3, 3.17.8, 3.17.10, 9.32,
9.34 and 9.62 of FTP and para 3.8.1, , 3.8.2, 2.63, 2.64, 9.3,
9.4 and 9.12 of HBP volume I
Name of Applicant :
CHECK SHEET FOR FMS
1. The export product is eligible for FMS scheme benefit only if it is not restricted under the export policy at the time of export.
2. Separate application shall be filed for each licensing year.
3. In case there is change of rate during the year the applicable rates would be used to calculate the entitlement.
4. In case claim is not submitted in time (para 3.11.9) late cut be imposed as per policy(para 9.3 of HBP Vol.I)
5. Each application shall not have more than 50 Shipping bills.
6. In case the export market is eligible for additional benefit same be specified
7. In case of third party exports, the name of the third party should be indicated on shipping bills.
8. Declaration of intent endorsed on Shipping Bill in terms of Para 3.11.8 of H.B. as under:
· Declaration not required for exports upto 31.05.2008 for all types of shipping bills.
· Declaration required in respect of free shipping bills for export period from 1.6.2008 to 31.12.2010 and for exports made from 02.06.2011 till date.
· Declaration required in all types of Shipping Bills from 01.01.2011 to 02.06.2011 (Ref. Public Notice No.82 dated 16.07.2010, Public Notice No.3 dated 03.06.201 and Policy Circular No.32 dated 03.06.2011).
9. Category of applicant as per Custom Circular No.58/2004:
The check-list would facilitate exporters to carryout due diligence before submitting her/his application so that the application which are complete in all respects are available for processing in the Department within the specified timelines. The check-list would also ensure that the processing of the case is not delayed for want of certain documents/additional documents/information on which the office may have to issue deficiency letters.
The applicants are requested to kindly adhere to the check-list in full while submitting their applications for FMS Scrip in order to enable the office to process their applications expeditiously.
The Addl. DGFT office, Mumbai has strengthened Counter Assistance and provided a facility to the exporters which can be utilised free of cost by the exporters. The exporters can go to the Counter Assistants and get their application(s) checked for their completeness in terms of submission of documents. If an application is okayed by the Counter Assistant, the sections will not issue deficiency for non-submission of any documents regarding the said authorisation/scrip/benefit.
For any queries/clarifications regarding the case, the exporters are requested to come directly to the office and not through their agents/consultants.
The above said check list is also attached in PDF format as a downloadable document which may be submitted along with the covering letter of the application. [Download PDF]
( Dr. Kavita Gupta )
Additional Director General of Foreign Trade