EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) is the new facility provided to the Exporters for submitting the licence fee through the Internet without visiting the Bank for the payment.
This procedure is being proposed to facilitate payments through electronic means. The facility shall be available only for electronically filed applications.
2. Through which Bank Electronic Payment can be made ?
Currently Electronic payment can be made through following banks :
ICICI Bank , IDBI Bank, HDFC Bank , UTI Bank, State Bank of India, Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India
Other banks under this regime shall be further notified from time to time.
3. To which Licencing scheme this facility is applicable?
This Electronic payment facility is applicable for deposit of application fees in case of all licencing schemes (For which Electronic Filing of application facility is available).However Electronic Payment facility is mandatory for DEPB,DES,EPCG and DFIA Licensing Schemes
4. What are the requirements for making Electronic Payment ?
An exporter having valid Importer Exporter Code (IEC) need to have an Internet Banking account , his ID and password from any of the Banks given above.
to make Electronic Payment
Please Click here Steps for making Payment for making payment through EFT.
6. What will happen to the transaction if after entering transaction password “The page cannot be displayed” message comes ?
If the payment was successful but before the exporter returns to DGFT return web page the Internet connection breaks ?
Though the transaction with Bank shows successful transaction but DGFT server does not show any status for the same ?
To verify if these kind of error messages comes , the exporter can do verification of the payment . Please Click here Steps to Verify the Payment .
7. What are the benefits of making Payment through Electronic Fund Transfer?
Licence Fee can be submitted simultaneously while filing the E-Com application without visiting the Bank. It will also reduce the time required to make the payment as compared to manual mode like DD etc.
8. How the payment made through electronic means is secure ?
Payment can be made only by logging on valid unique ID and password provided to the exporter by the Bank.
The transaction is carried out in secured environment through Banks gateway specially created for the purpose.
9. Can the Fee once paid through EFT be refunded?
The fee once received will not be refunded except in the following circumstances viz.,
a) Where the fee has been deposited in excess of the specified amount of fee; or
b) Where fee has been deposited but no application has been made; or
c) Where the fee has been deposited in error but the applicant is exempt from payment of fee.
Processing of refund of fee submitted through net banking shall be through an application in hard copy as per form given in appendix 6-B. This may be submitted to the licensing authority against whom the e-com number has been generated.
On receipt of application the licensing authority shall pass refund after they have verified from the Pay and Accounts Office, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, New Delhi that the amount was credited to the Government of India.
No claim for refund of application fee shall be entertained by the licensing authority after expiry of one year from the date of payment to the concerned bank. However, on merits, for reasons to be recorded in writing, the licensing authority may condone the delay but in no case shall an application for refund of fees be entertained after the expiry of three years with regard to the date as mentioned above.
Refund Order of fees will be valid for three months from the date of issue. Request for revalidating the same may be considered on merits by the authority which issued the Refund Order.
10. How can I open the account with Banks for EFT payments with DGFT?
eg. For opening account with ICICI Bank for DGFT payments Click Here.
11. Whether fee needs to be paid while applying for issuance of scrips on or after 01.04.2015 for goods exported or services rendered before the date of notification of new FTP 2015-2020, i.e, 31.03.2015 ?
12. How much fee is to be paid for application for duty credit scrip under rewards/incentive scheme ?
Rs.1,000/- ( Rupees one thousand only) is to be deposited towards fee for application for duty credit scrip under rewards/incentive scheme. The details are given in Appendix 2 K of the
13. As per provision contained in para 3.14 of the , scrip applied/issued on or after notification of this policy against exports made upto the date of notification of new policy, i.e., , the then prevailing policy and procedure regarding eligibility, entitlement, transferability, usage of scrip and any other condition in force at the time of export of goods or rendering of the services shall be applicable to such scrips. Then why the fee of Rs.1,000/- is required to be paid while applying for issuing of scrips on or after 01.04.2015 for goods exported or services rendered before the date of notification of new FTP 2015-2020, i.e, 31.03.2015 ?
The fee is charged for processing of application as per the provisions contained in the new .
14. What is the procedure for depositing fee for issuance of scrips on or after 01.04.2015 for goods exported or services rendered before the date of notification of new FTP 2015-2020, i.e, 31.03.2015 ?
The detailed procedure for depositing fee is available in Appendix 2-K of the which is available on the Directorate General of
Foreign Trade website, i.e., www.dgft.gov.in
Following are the steps for making payment through EFT
(Example given below for IDBI bank )
1. Click on Online Licence application form , EFT button is displayed on the main form of the application for making payment through Internet banking option.For eg. in the main Form of DEPB option with EFT button will look like the figure below:
2. A dialog is displayed to select the Bank (eg. ICICI Bank ,HDFC Bank ,SBI Bank ,IDBI Bank ,UTI Bank etc.) from the list .
3. Select the Bank through which Payment is to be made from the drop down list.
4. Fill the Licence Fee amount in Indian Rupees.
5. After selecting bank and filling the amount , click on OK button. The screen appears like this :
6. A table appears displaying the details DGFT reference number, Ecom-reference number, Selected bank, Amount and Name of the Firm. The window appears like this :
7. Click on “Pay Now” button.
8. Corporate Internet Banking website of the Selected Bank is opened . Login screen of the selected bank appears.
9. Enter the login ID and password provided by the Selected bank for making online transactions. Click on OK/Go button . (For eg. the CIB login screen of IDBI bank will look like this )
10. If the details entered by the exporter are valid, the Payment screen appears. This screen displays the details of the request made.
11. Click on OK button to proceed further.
12. Enter the transaction ID and password (This may be same as Login ID/password or may be different as provided by the bank).
13. Click on OK button .
14. The payment request is submitted to the server of the bank and account is debited.
15. Bank will generate BID number. This BID number can be used for future reference to the bank.
16. Click on Close button.
17. The status message from DGFT end is displayed on the screen whether the transaction was successful or not .
18. Click on “Close Window” button the Payment details window is closed .
19. If the above screen doesn’t appear after the payment is successfully made at the bank and any of the given below conditions arise then click on “Verify EFT” button on the screen of the main application form.
· DGFT server does not show any status for the successful payment made at the bank.
20. When the above shown HTML page is displayed then Click on “Close Window” button the Payment details window is closed .
21. If the Payment was successful then open the Fee Details form by clicking on the “Fee Details” button on the main screen. Fee details of the EFT payment made should be added in the list box of payments made. This EFT payment can be just viewed from this screen . The details cannot be updated or edited.
22. If the Payment was successful at Bank and above shown HTML page is displayed with Successful status , Continue with the filling of other information of the application .
23. If the payment was successful at Bank but above shown HTML page is not displayed then , Verify the transaction by clicking on “Verify EFT” on the main Licence application form.
1. On the main form of application of E-Commerce filing , “Verify EFT” button is displayed on the main form of the application. The button on the form appears like the figure below:
2. Click “Verify EFT” button.
3. A dialog box appears. In the list box the list of unsuccessful payments against the selected E-Com reference number is displayed. The list box will display the list of only unsuccessful payments.
4. Select the request from the list for which verification is to be done, by double clicking on the request from the list.
5. Enter the BID number (BID No. can be taken from the Bank’s Corporate Internet website or request the Bank to get BID No.)
6. BID Number is mandatory for doing verification.
7. After entering valid BID No. click on OK button.
8. The generated request goes to the designated Bank’s website and payment is verified from the database of the Bank’s server.
9. If the payment was successful then a message of Successful payment will pop up and status returns to DGFT web page . “Successful” message will be displayed against the “Transaction Status” in the Table. (Example given below shows the Status message of IDBI Bank)
10. If the payment was un-successful then a message of Unsuccessful payment will pop up and status returns to DGFT web page .”Un-Successful” message will be displayed against the “Transaction Status” in the Table.
11. For further verification , return to Online Licence application form , click on BR/DD details button.
12. A dialog box appears . Please check if the request for which verification was done is added to the list. If the transaction was successful the payment made will be added to the list.
13. If the payment made is not added to the list then the transaction was un-successful.