TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY PART-II, SECTION-3, SUB SECTION (ii)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
NEW DELHI, DTD. THE 26TH DEC. , 2002,
In exercise of powers conferred by Section 5 of the Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992 (No.22 of 1992) read with paragraph 1.1 of the Export and Import Policy, 2002-07, the Central Government hereby amends the Export and Import Policy, 2002-07 as under:
1. A sub -para is added at the end of paragraph 2.2 as under:-
No import or export of rough diamonds shall be permitted, unless the shipment parcel is accompanied by Kimberley Process (KP) Certificate required under the procedure specified by the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC)
2. In exercise of powers conferred under Section 5 of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 read with Paragraph 2.1 of Export & Import Policy, 2002-2007, the Central Government hereby makes the following amendments in the ITC (HS) Classification of Export and Imports items, 2002-2007 :-
In the Import Licensing Notes at the end of Chapter -71, after Note 3, the following further note shall be added:-
4. Import of rough diamonds covered under this Chapter must be accompanied by Kimberley Process (KP) Certificate.
3. The above amendments shall be effective from 1.1.2003.
4. This issues in Public interest.
Director General of Foreign Trade and
Ex-Officio Additional Secretary to the Govt. of India