( TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY PART I SECTION I )
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
(DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE)
NEW DELHI , DATED THE 31ST AUGUST, 2004.
S.O. (E) In exercise of powers conferred by Section 5 of the Foreign
Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 (No.22 of 1992) read with Paragraph 2.1
of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2004-2009, the Central Government hereby notifies Schedule 2 (Export Policy) of the “ITC (HS) Classification of Export and Import Items”.
1. The items of Export mentioned in Schedule 2 of the said ITC(HS) including amended entries are assigned 8 digits of ITC(HS) Codes and the classifications of items are divided into Chapters in line with Schedule 1 containing items of import.
2. New Appendices 1, 2 and 4 are substituted in addition to existing Appendix 3.
3. Export Policy indicated against each item of export and the conditions wherever applicable to those items in amended Schedule 2 of ITC(HS) will supercede any earlier Export Policy/ condition for that item if it is not consistent with this Notification.
3. The amended Schedule 2 of ITC(HS) is annexed.
5. This will be effective from September 1, 2004.
6. This issues in Public Interest.
( G.K.Pillai )
Addl. Secretary to Government of India and Director General of Foreign Trade
Copy to all concerned;
By orders etc.
( Issued from F. No. 01/91/171/47/AM-04/PC.III )
Copy by order etc., to all concerned.