BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF
(PART –I, SECTION –1)
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
PUBLIC NOTICE NO 57/2004-2009)
In exercise of powers conferred under Paragraph 2.4 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2004-09, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes the following amendments in the Handbook of Procedures (Vol.1) :
1. The amendments made vide Public Notice No. 55 dated 18.2.2005 stands deleted. Following sentence is added at the end of Paragraph 4.19 :
“ Any SEZ notified by the Central Government shall also be one of the specified ports for import and export under this paragraph”
2. The following ICDs shall be added in the list of ICDs mentioned in paragraphs 4.19 and 4.40:
3. The provision related to entitlement of DEPB for exports to SEZs should be replaced by the following clause:
Exports made to any Special Economic Zone (SEZ), notified by the Central Government, are also entitled to DEPB and the port of registration in such cases will be the respective SEZ only.
4. Sl No. 19 of Appendix 27 related to “List of Export Promotion Councils, Commodity Boards and Development Authorities”, as amended vide PN 49 dated 24th January, 2005, stands amended as follows:
Egmore,Chennai – 600 008
Tel: 044 – 28594367-71 (5 lines) Fax No. 044-28594363-64 ( 2 lines)
E- mail: Cle@cleindia.com,
v 15/238, Civil Lines,
v 11/4 World Trade Centre,
1, Cuffe Parade
v Flat No. 6 G&F,
Tel: 91-11-25718516, 25715517
v 1B, First Floor,
41, Shakespeare Sarani,
Kolkata – 700 017
Tel: 91-33-22835479 /2283 5480
Fax: 033-2240 7270
5. Paragraph 2.47 pertaining to “Prototypes” is amended as under:
Import of new/second hand prototypes/ second hand samples may be allowed on payment of duty without a licence/ certificate/ permission to an Actual User (industrial) engaged in the production of or having industrial licence/letter of intent for research in the item for which prototype is sought for product development or research, as the case may be, upon a self – declaration to that effect, to the satisfaction of the customs authorities.
6. The word “Pedicinal” appearing at Sl No. 57 of Appendix 15 related to Agri Export Zones (As per Public Notice 45 dated 14.01.05) stands amended as “Medicinal Plants”.
7. Paragraph 4.5 related to “Advance licence for applicants with multi units” stands amended as follows:
Transfer of any duty free material imported or procured against advance licence from one unit of the company to another unit of the same company for manufacturing purpose shall be done with the permission of the jurisdictional Excise Authorities with a clear understanding that no benefit of CENVAT shall be claimed on such transferred inputs. However to avail the facility, all such units should be available in the IEC certificate.
This issues in public interest.
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
(Issued from F.No. 01/94/180/PN/AM05/PC-IV)